- Perform product verification to ensure that all products conform to quality standards.
- Review, improve and undertake all essential quality activity within assembly, end of line product verification, finishing, packing and parts production.
- Analyse and report on the results of quality control tests to ensure that the products remain within specification.
- Resolve non-conforming product issues and define interim and long-term measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Create and maintain written documentation such as build notes, working instructions, verification lists, control checklists, in line with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy and traceability of all works orders throughout.
- Conduct and promote continuous improvement, lean activities and best practice with a view to improving the quality of products, processes and services.
- Maintain inspection facilities and equipment to a high standard, including calibration control.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- An Engineering qualification, minimum of level 4 BTEC in Quality, or relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of Assembly and Final Inspection of Electro-Mechanical Products.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and electrical diagrams.
- Practical knowledge of modern Quality processes (Six-Sigma, PDCA, SPC, etc.)
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within an Automotive or Manufacturing background
- Good understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Effective team player with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Possessing good documentation and reporting skills with attention to detail.
- Able to focus on tasks until completion, with high personal standards for quality of work.
- Innovative and keen to learn, with a desire for continuous improvement.